Welcome to VicRoads Safe Driving Program
The VicRoads Safe Driving Program is a program approved by VicRoads under the Road Safety Act 1986.
This new initiative established under the Road Safety Amendment Act 2012 is a court mandated intervention for individuals convicted of certain high-risk driving offences.
Designed by a panel of road-safety experts, the Safe Driving program aims to reduce unsafe driving through psychological and behaviour change approach. Consistent with this, the Safe Driving Program has been designed to:
- Increase awareness about the causes and consequences of, and alternatives to , unsafe driving;
- Re-appraise the impacts, beliefs and emotions that are associated with unsafe driving;
- Identify the positive consequences of safe driving;
- Increase awareness of alternatives to unsafe driving and develop strategies to avoid situations in which it occurs;
- Strengthen the belief that change is possible and the commitment to act on that belief.
ACSO is one of a number of providers approved by VicRoads to deliver the VicRoads Safe Driving Program to offenders.
For more information about the VicRoads Safe Driving Program, please refer to VicRoads website www.vicroads.vic.gov.au or contact VicRoads on 13 11 71.
ACSO runs the Safe Driving Program in various locations in Victoria including:
NEXT AVAILABLE COURSE - January 14th 2016 Richmond